Dana White Speaks.....these are always fun

Go down

Dana White Speaks.....these are always fun

Post by Freddy Krueger on Sun May 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Dana White recently conducted an interview with Yahoo! Canada and spoke on numerous different subjects:

On the UFC returning to Canada:

"Everywhere I go, it doesn't matter if we do a fight in Houston, Texas, Anaheim, California, if we do fights over over in the U.K., so many Canadians shows up, it blows my mind. We never expected this thing to be this big in Canada. Not only are there a ton of fans, but there's a ton of great talent coming out of Canada. Canada is going to be a part of our roadshow from here on out."

On merging WEC and the UFC's weight classes:

"We're going to make the WEC the smaller weights and the UFC will be the heavier weights. We'll probably take some of the guys in the higher weights, the champions over there and bring them into UFC. We're still trying to figure that out."

On Fedor Emelianenko being the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world:

"The guy hasn't fought anybody since 2005 and people want to call him the pound-for-pound best in the world? Give the respect to the guys who deserve it. The guys who come in and fight everybody three times a year, they fight the best fighters in the world. (UFC middleweight campion) Anderson Silva is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. End of story."

Other news and notes from the interview:

-White mentioned the UFC is still negotiating with Andrei Arlovski.

-He mentioned that if Renato "Babalu" Sobral can put together a few quality wins, the door is open for his return to the UFC.

-He dismissed the idea of a UFC women's division.

-Mentioned that he would love to see a fight between Urijah Faber and Kid Yamamoto, but the Japanese star comes with a huge price tag.

-And in closing, White mentioned that the UFC has a "major deal" in place with a current television network.

Credit: Yahoo! Canada
Freddy Krueger
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 146
Job/hobbies : Student, I Like going on computer and watching MMA
Registration date : 2008-04-20

View user profile http://prowrestlingforum.fightingboard.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down